To effectively manage the shipping, receiving, warehouse and control desk departments. Oversees incoming shipments are unloaded, verified and inspected. Makes sure the warehouse is neat and orderly. Ensures that all orders ship accurately and on time. Maintains transportation and distribution procedures to maximize delivery efficiency. Selects appropriate delivery methods to minimize delivery costs and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Education: Bachelor degree required.
- Experience: 5 – 7 years of logistics experience. Must have two years of international experience in shipping field.
- Effective communicator (written/verbal).
- Good Collaborative skills; interfaces with personnel from all departments.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite (outlook, excel, word)
- Formulate, direct and participate in development and implementation of goals, procedures and objectives for the receiving, warehouse, and shipping departments.
- Directs performance measurements and carrier scorecards.
- Liaison to all departments in each business group including Customer Service, Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing, and Accounting, Purchasing and Receiving
- Contact various transportation companies to requisition proper vehicles for shipments
- Establish procedures and processes providing direction to supervisory staff to ensure attainment of company goals for finished goods warehousing, accuracy and efficiency to ensure timely throughput and reduce waste.
- Analyze space requirements for management review.
- Oversees outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Freight rate negotiation including review of freight rate issues that may arise.
- Handles all outbound and inbound shipments domestic and international.
- Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping schedules.
- Ability to process small package and truck shipments with various processing systems.
- Working knowledge of all export documentation.
- Maintains accurate UPS and FedEx shipping records.
- Working Knowledge of Radley Scan gun Picking operation and system
- Handles all paper work for shipping, receiving, and warehouse.
- Develops annual Budget for Shipping, Warehouse, Receiving and Control desk Departments
- Keeps department operating within its budget.
- Provides freight quotes on request of customer service and sales.
- Create monthly statistics for shipping department
- Create monthly graphs on On-Time, Claim percentage for shipping department.
- Monthly meetings with Carrier Reps to insure on-time and quality goals are maintained.
- Working knowledge of all Carrier rates and tariffs: Domestic – Air & Surface. International – Air, Surface and Ocean.
- Working knowledge of Freight claims
- Working knowledge of U.S. Harmonized Tariff Schedule
- Daily scheduling of the Peerless truck
- Provide training and guidance to new employees.
- Ensures that all customers requiring special labeling are shipped correctly.
- Maintains good communication channel with all departments.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and Regulations.
- Assist Purchasing and Receiving departments with International and Domestic Inbound freight.
- Approval of all International carriers, Customs Broker and Freight Forwarder invoices.
- Oversee Customs Broker activities, Custom Clearance and Import procedures.
- Ensures all received product is put away promptly
- Coordinates with control desk, receiving, shipping and warehouse to ensure smooth flow of product and paperwork.
- Ensures proper direction is provided to Material Handlers on distribution of products and proper transactions required in the system
- Ensures Material Handlers pull materials and supplies listed on scanner, work orders, move tickets, material requirements and delivers them to appropriate workstations or other locations timely.
- Responsible for all personnel in the Control Desk
- Ensures daily reports are ran to provide break down to other departments to prioritize work flow for timely shipments
- Other duties as assigned.
Attn: HR/ Material Handler
2300 White Oak Circle Aurora, IL 60502